AppsToGo: Known Issues
This resource communicates known issues with using AppsToGo and directs you where to report new issues.
In this article:
- Not able to log in via a Web browser
- Not able to log in via Citrix Workspace (formerly, Receiver)
- Chrome Web Browser Issues
- Security Certificates
- Pop-Up Messages (common with Firefox and Chrome Web Browsers)
- Network connectivity, slowness, or lagging
- Reporting Issues
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge), the solution is to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Log in does not work at all.
- Login is successful but returns a blank page.
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Use Incognito or Private mode depending on your browser.
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via Citrix Receiver, the solution is to either use a web browser to access AppsToGo or reconfigure Citrix Workspace.
- Use a web browser to access AppsToGo (https://apps.umn.edu).
- Download and install Citrix Workspace for Google Chrome
- Reconfigure Citrix Workspace
- Un-install and re-install Citrix Workspace
- There is a known issue where Chrome Web Browser downloads a session file with an .ica extension. There are two workarounds:
- Right-click or control-click on the session file and associate it with Citrix Workspace (which you should have already installed on your device - See AppsToGo: Supported Web Browsers).
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace Chrome App which is available on the Chrome Web Store.
NOTE: Chromebooks or ChromeOS must use the Citrix Workspace App which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, NOT the Chrome Web Browser. If your Chrome device cannot access the Google Play Store please email [email protected] with information about your device (model, specifications) and operating system (type, version.)
- If you are using MacOS X (Apple computer) and cannot use AppsToGo due to Security Certificate error which may read "You have not chosen to trust "InCommon RSA Server CA", the issuer of the server's security certificate. Contact your help desk for assistance."
1. Go to cat.eduroam.org and download the Eduroam installer for the University of Minnesota.
2. Run the installer, which should install the certificate Citrix is looking for.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Try logging on to AppsToGo again.
5. If problems persist, contact [email protected]
- For Linux OS certificate issues and configuration see Using AppToGo in Ubunto 20.04 with Firefox.
- Upon logging in to AppsToGo: Allow, Always Allow, Trust, Accept or Enable any pop-ups that may appear in your browser.
- Your web browser may show that you have been disconnected from AppsToGo. This message is only because the web browser logs out of the AppsToGo sign-in portal after the browser has been inactive for a while. This is normal and does not affect your active use of an AppsToGo app. You may safely ignore the web browser disconnection message.
If you have issues using AppsToGo, please call 1-HELP (612-301-4357) or email [email protected].