AppsToGo: Known Issues
This resource communicates known issues with using AppsToGo and directs you where to report new issues.
Issues Occurring After the Upgrade on December 28, 2017
Not able to log in via a Web browser
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) since the upgrade took place on 12/28/2017, the solution is to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Log in does not work at all.
- Log in is successful but return a blank page.
Not able to log in via Citrix Workspace (formerly, Receiver)
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via Citrix Receiver since the upgrade took place on 12/28/2017, the solution is to either use a web browser to access AppsToGo or reconfigure Citrix Workspace.
- Users receives the error: "Cannot connect to the server. The account does not contain a valid store configuration."
- Use a web browser to access AppsToGo (https://apps.umn.edu).
- Reconfigure Citrix Workspace
- Un-install and re-install Citrix Workspace
Chrome Web Browser Issues
- There is a known issue where Chrome Web Browser downloads a session file with an .ica extension. There are two workarounds:
- Right-click or control-click on the session file and associate it with Citrix Workspace (which you should have already installed on your device - See AppsToGo: Supported Web Browsers).
- You can try downloading the Citrix Workspace Chrome App which is available on the Chrome Web Store, but results may vary.
NOTE: Chromebooks or ChromeOS must use the Citrix Workspace App which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store, NOT the Chrome Web Browser. If your Chrome device cannot access the Google Play Store please email [email protected] with information about your device (model, specifications) and operating system (type, version.)
- If you are prompted to trust an unknown security certificate, please trust it and let us know.
- If you are using MacOS X (Apple computer) and cannot use AppsToGo due to Security Certificate error which may read "You have not chosen to trust "InCommon RSA Server CA", the issuer of the server's security certificate. Contact your help desk for assistance."
1. Go to https://cat.eduroam.org/ and download the Eduroam installer for the University of Minnesota.
2. Run the installer, which should install the certificate Citrix is looking for.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Try logging on to AppsToGo again.
5. If problems persist, contact [email protected]
Pop-Up Messages (common with Firefox and Chrome Web Browsers)
- Upon logging in to AppsToGo: Allow, Always Allow, Trust, Accept or Enable any pop-ups that may appear in your browser.
Network connectivity, slowness, or lagging
- Your web browser may show that you have been disconnected from AppsToGo. This message is only because the web browser logs out of the AppsToGo sign-in portal after the browser has been inactive for a while. This is normal and does not affect your active use of an AppsToGo app. You may safely ignore the web browser disconnection message.
- AppsToGo may be used outside of the U of MN campus data network, but results may vary.
If you have issues using AppsToGo, please call 1-HELP (612-301-4357) or email [email protected].