Drop-in and use hardware and software in computer labs on the Twin Cities campus.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Per University Health & Safety (UHS) guidelines, please note the following when using a lab space on campus:
- Masks are required in all University buildings, including computer labs.
- If a computer lab is fully occupied, we ask that you either find a space outside of the lab and away from others to wait, or that you check another lab to see if a computer is available. This helps us limit the number of people in the labs to allow safe physical distancing.
- Computers have been removed from labs to ensure physical distancing requirements are met. This means that fewer computers are available in each space, so please plan accordingly.
- It is recommended that you thoroughly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after using the computer labs.
- A cleaning schedule with the date/time of last cleaning will be posted in each computer lab for your reference.
- Each lab is equipped with keyboard covers for easy cleaning, and hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for your use. Please clean the computer mouse and keyboard before and after using a computer.
Public computer labs are open to all University students, faculty, and staff and require no reservation to use. Find details about hours, software, and printing available by clicking on the links to the individual labs.
- Coffey Hall 50
- Coffman Memorial Union B60
- Jones Hall 135 - Language Center Multimedia Lab (Closed until further notice)
- Walter Library 103
- Wilson Library [various locations] (Closed until further notice)
Computer classrooms, also known as academic computer labs, are available for instructors to reserve for classes and University-sponsored events. Students, faculty, and staff may also drop-in and use computer classrooms if they they are not reserved. Find details about hours, software, and printing available by clicking on the links to the individual labs.
- Mac and Windows computers
- Professional software suites
- Scanners and printers
- Large-format printing
University-funded: No charge for use of the labs.
Costs associated with printing.