TDX Problem: Resolve a Problem Ticket
Once a solution has been implemented for a Problem, then the Problem ticket can be resolved.
Resolving a Problem Ticket
- Open the Problem ticket.
- Select Actions and choose Update in the dropdown menu.
- Change Problem Status to Resolved.
- Complete the Comments field with the overall resolution of the Problem.
- Keep comments private unless you need to notify people outside of the Responsible Group.
- See Communicating with Parent and Child Tickets (Cascade Communications) if there are children tickets connected to the problem that should also be updated.
- Fill in the Notify field with the name of the Responsible Group.
- Fill in the Notify Other People field with others who should be advised of the resolution.
- Add any additional email addresses in the Email Other People field, if applicable.
- Select the Create new article radio button if a new Knowledge Base article based on the information discovered in the Problem ticket should be drafted.
- Fill out Problem State with applicable resolution status of either Known Error or Permanent Fix, depending on the outcome of the Problem ticket.
- Write thorough resolution details in the Root Cause Analysis field including a workaround if any.
- Select Save (top of window).