TDX Problem: Work a Problem Ticket
Two actions commonly taken when working a problem ticket are assigning tasks and providing status updates for technicians. This article covers updating technicians on the status of a Problem.
Working the Problem Ticket to provide status updates for technicians
- Open the Problem ticket.
- Click Actions; and select Update from the dropdown menu.
- Update the New Status dropdown menu if the communication changes the status of the Problem.
- Write any updates technicians should be aware of in the Comments box.
- The box labeled Make comments private (only visible to U of M Tickets users) should be checked by default. Make sure it is checked BEFORE saving the ticket so the updated work notes do not get sent to users.
- Complete the Notify and Notify Other People fields according to who needs to be notified of the update.
- Be sure to include any other groups and/or people outside of the Responsible Group who should also be notified.
- Select Save (top of window). The Problem ticket feed will be updated with the status update and Comments you wrote.