Canvas: Import Existing Course Content into New Course Sites
You can import content into the your course sites from various places:
- Canvas development sites
- Canvas course sites used in previous semesters
- a file exported from another Learning Management System
Importing Course Content
You must have "Teacher," "Designer" or "TA" access both to the site you wish to copy and to the site you wish to import to.
- Carefully review important information on importing content.
- Decide if you will import only specific content (recommended) or import all content into a new course shell:
- Make adjustments to the copied content:
- See Reviewing Course Details section of the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare the site for a new semester.
- See Canvas Self-Help guides for additional resources on how to design your course site: