AppsToGo: Use Chrome Web Browser (Windows and Mac only)
To access AppsToGo with Chrome Web Browser on Windows or Mac OS X, you will need to associate the AppsToGo session file with the Citrix application. You should only need to do this once.
Before you log on to AppsToGo, please complete the following:
- Install Citrix Workspace (formerly, Receiver) - you only need to do this once.
- Register Your Google Drive with Kumo - you only need to do this once.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, see Use Firefox or Safari.
- If you are using a Chromebook or ChromeOS, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citrix.Receiver (or https://play.google.com/store/ and search for Citrix Workspace.) If your device allows it, download and install the Citrix Workspace App. Use the Citrix Workspace App to access AppsToGo, NOT your Chrome web browser.
Enable Chrome Web Browser to automatically open Citrix Receiver (Windows and Mac only)
- Using the Chrome Browser, go to https://apps.umn.edu/
- Enter your Internet ID (which is the first part of your U of MN email address) in the User name field.
- Enter your password.
- Click Log On. Chrome will download an ".ica" file. This is the file that starts your AppsToGo session.
- Click on the menu triangle next the ICA file at the bottom of the browser, and select Always open files of this type.
- If prompted, choose Citrix Workspace (or Citrix Receiver).
- If prompted, click OK to save your settings.
- Quit and relaunch Chrome.
Please contact University of Minnesota Technology Help using any of the methods listed at it.umn.edu/help.