Collaborate with your team either in one-to-one chats or by chatting in a dedicated group space.
Google Chat (previously Google Hangouts Chat or Classic Hangouts) is a messaging platform. It makes it easy to collaborate with your team in an organized way either in one-to-one chat or by chatting in a dedicated group space. You can share and discuss Docs, Sheets, and Slides all in one place.
- Have private conversations—Use a direct message to communicate with a colleague or small group of people.
- Start group conversations—Use a room to have an ongoing conversation with your team or a group of people that can change over time.
- All members can see the conversation history so they won't miss what was already discussed.
- Rooms can have multiple threads, called conversations, to discuss different topics within the same room.
- Easily share Google Drive files.
- Ability to add Bots (@Meet, @Drive, and @Giphy are enabled).
Staff & Departments
Health Sciences Affiliates
IT Staff and Partners
University-funded: No charge.