A registration solution for units offering non-credit courses, certificates, and/or conferences.
The Destiny One Registration System (DORS) is a web-based software solution for nontraditional higher education. It is a learner centric platform that works by integrating with the campus-computing environment to support the management and growth of non-credit programs, online learning, corporate engagement, and more.
There are two interfaces:
A public interface at learning.umn.edu is used by learners to register for courses, request a drop, print a transcript, view his or her account history, and more. It is also used by class instructors to view class lists and enter grades.
An administrative interface at destiny.umn.edu is used by staff to set up courses, sections, or conference sessions; manage enrollment and finances; and run reports.
Academic Support Resources manages the vendor relationship and provides all support and training to users of the application.
The system is integrated with the following services and applications:
- Identity Management Services: for login with University Internet account and/or guest account creation
- Canvas: for learning/content management
- Enterprise Financial System (EFS): for accounts receivables and revenue distribution activities
- Salesforce: for marketing analytics
- Credly: for badging capabilities
- Authorize.net: for credit card processing
Members of the Public, Learners, and Instructors
- Visit learning.umn.edu.
- Select an item in the main menu to find courses, certificates, or programs.
- Select login (in the upper right) if you are a returning learner or need to register for a guest account login.
- Visit the Destiny One Registration System University User Support Site if you are interested in using the system for your registration needs. There are a number of resources available for existing users as well as links to in-person system training for each of the solution modules.
- Find details and an onboarding guide under the Getting Started link.
- Learn about other registration tools used at the University on the Events Calendar, Tickets and DORS Matrix.
University-funded: Units are assessed an allocation of the solution cost based on collegiate FTE
Credit card fees (if applicable) are charged back to the unit (average 2.3%)