Compare Options for Hosting a Webinar
Before selecting a tool to host your next webinar, find out what you need to consider.
What is the best tool for hosting a webinar?
Before selecting a tool to host your next webinar, consider the following:
- How will you interact with your audience?
- Do you want a video recording of your webinar?
- Does your audience have any technology or access barriers?
Your requirements will help determine the best tool for you. For example, each product supports a basic chat functionality, but only Zoom offers audience polling. If you would like additional support, schedule a consultation with a Video Service representative by submitting a Request for Consultation.
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile app that allows users to meet online, with or without video. Zoom users can choose to record sessions, collaborate on projects, and share or annotate on one another's screens, all with one easy-to-use platform.
- You must download the Zoom desktop app
Great tool for broadcasting an event with little or no online audience engagement. The audience experience is as simple as watching a YouTube video. Requires advanced knowledge of live streaming encoders.
- Barrier: Audience must log in to chat
- Barrier: 30-60 second delay
- Barrier: Requires an encoder for broadcasting
- To reduce barriers, you can use Zoom to stream to YouTube - refer to link in recommended Resources