High performance storage services to meet your research needs.
The Minnesota Supercomputing Institute (MSI) offers local research storage and high-performance computing storage for data that requires the use of a framework such as Apache Hadoop.
If you have the following types of data, you may need fee-based local research or high-performance computing storage:
- Significantly large files
- A large amount of files
- Complex data, applications, or content
- Data related to grant-funded projects
Our data storage team can consult with you to find the best storage solution for your team, department, or project.
- Access to a high-performance, high capacity primary storage platform
- Second tier storage, an object storage system supporting new workflows and inactive data parking
- Hadoop Cluster supporting MapReduce workflows on HDFS
- Database servers