Discover Canvas Workshop Series
Make Design and Navigation Decisions: Monday, July 16 - Thursday, July 19
Create & Organize Content & Assessments: Monday, July 30 - Thursday, August 2
Assess Student Progress: Monday, August 13 - Thursday, August 16 | Registration
These blended workshops will take place over 4-days. Participants will spend up to one hour per day completing online activities in addition to attending a 1-hour online session in WebEx. The schedule for the workshop is:
- Day 1 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 2 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 3 - Meet online via WebEx
- Please be sure to have all modules from day 1 and 2 done before our online session on day 3.
- Day 4 - Finish online modules and engage in final assessment
Make Design and Navigation Decisions
[4-hours, online and self-paced] Become familiar with the Canvas interface, learn about Canvas design considerations that make courses easier for students to use and navigate, and plan your own course design.
- Monday, July 16 - Thursday, July 19
Create & Organize Content & Assessments
[4-hours, online and self-paced] Gain experience creating course content, including pages, quizzes, forums, and assignments, and learn to organize and deliver course content through Canvas modules.
- Monday, July 30 - Thursday, August 2
Assess Student Progress
[4-hours, online and self-paced] Learn about the Canvas gradebook interface and experience how Speedgrader can be used to provide timely and detailed feedback to students while making grading efficient and enjoyable.
- Monday, August 13 - Thursday, August 16 | Registration