Video Event Onsite Support
In-person video assistance for online meetings, conferences and events.
We can help you with your onsite event by assisting with scheduling, configuring your meeting settings, conducting a practice session with your presenters, and providing technical assistance during your onsite event.
Hours of Operation
Video Event Online Support staff are available during normal UMN business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Receive individualized consultations to help plan and determine the best options for your event.
- On-demand event support for Twin Cities on-campus locations.
- A consultation is required before booking on-site video support.
- Support requests must be submitted three weeks before event date.
- When reserving a room, ensure you have scheduled one hour of set-up and half an hour for removal of equipment.
- The room must have a wired network jack that has DHCP enabled.
- Any presentation materials (e.g. Google Slides, Powerpoints) that will be used for the event should be sent to the event support staff three days before the event.
- Event organizers should obtain a speaker release for any speakers or presenters.
Request a consultation with a Video Event Coordinator.
Request a consultation with a Video Consultant by completing the Video Event Support Request form. We will need to understand your goals for your event. Please also provide a minimum three-week lead time on event requests.
Set up your identified technology.
After we have a good understanding of your event, the Video Event Coordinator will:
- Schedule the event in Zoom and configure settings to meet your needs.
- Provide you with meeting and event (or registration) links you can share with your online participants.
Schedule practice session
Schedule a 60-minute (online or at the event location) in advance of your event.
Hold your meeting or event.
Hold your meeting or event. We will be available to you beginning 30 minutes before to troubleshoot any issues and help you prepare and feel confident. During your event, we will monitor the overall experience and be available to troubleshoot issues.
Receive reports and manage your recording.
After the event, your Video Event Technician can provide a variety of reports (e.g., attendance, polling results, chat, Q&A, etc.) and a link to your recording, if requested.