Free access to stock photos, video clips, and audio clips.
The University of Minnesota provides stock images, video clips, and audio clips to students, faculty, and staff as well as vendors working on University projects. Use these resources to improve a presentation or class project, enhance a video, add creative elements to marketing pieces, and more. This stock content is supplied without additional cost, and there is no limit to the amount of content you can downloaded.
- Royalty-free content for University purposes
- Authentic selections for more diversity and real-life settings
- Free access for vendors working on University projects
- Continuously growing content libraries
StoryBlocks has video, audio, and graphic stock content available.
- Video: 100,000+ clips of stock video, Adobe After Effects templates, motion backgrounds and more.
- Audio: Royalty-free production music, sound effects, and loops.
- Graphic/Images: Royalty-free photos, vectors, illustrations, and other design elements.
Your device must be connected to the University of Minnesota network to access the stock content sites. You will not be prompted to log in.
To access the stock content sites while off-campus, your device must appear to be on the University of Minnesota network by using a Virtual Private Networking (VPN) client in "full-tunnel" mode.
- Tip: In the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, connect using the AnyConnect-UofMvpnFull option.
Once connected to UMN VPN, you will be able to access the stock content sites as if you were on campus, without needing to log in. After connecting to full-tunnel VPN, if you try to access these sites and see a "Log in to Storyblocks" page, select IP Authorization at the bottom of the page.
Vendors working on University business that require access to the stock content sites will need a sponsored account. A departmental representative should request a sponsored account. Once the account is set-up, the vendor will also need a VPN client to access the University network and then can login to the sites using their sponsored account information.
Stock content can only be used for projects related to the University of Minnesota. Files should only be saved to individual computers and not in a shared central location.
University-funded: no additional charge.