Zoom: Set a Custom Link to Your Personal Meeting Room
This article details the options for creating short, convenient links to your Personal Meeting Room.
In this article:
- Accessing Your Personal Meeting Room
- Customizing Your Personal Meeting Room Link
- Additional Resources
Your Personal Meeting Room is the virtual meeting room that is permanently reserved for you. You can start an instant meeting there at any time, or schedule it for future use.
For more detailed steps on using your Personal Meeting Room/ID to start an instant meeting, refer to Using Personal Meeting ID in the Zoom help center.
- Your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and URL can be found in the Personal Meeting ID section in your Zoom profile.
- Select the "eye" icon to reveal the full details.
- You can customize the string of 10 numeric digits in your PMI.
- Login to the Zoom Portal
- In the upper right-hand corner, select HOST A MEETING and choose whether you'd like video on or off.
- Open the Zoom desktop application installed on your device.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to New Meeting and check Use My Personal Meeting ID.
- Select the New Meeting icon to start the instant meeting.
Your personal link is an alias you can set for your Personal Meeting URL, with the following restrictions:
- Your personal link must be at least 5 characters and no more than 40 characters.
- It must start with a letter and can only contain letters, numbers and periods (.)
- Your personal link must be unique to you - it cannot be in use by another Zoom user.
- Common names cannot be used as your personal link.