Wired Ethernet: Locate the MAC Address on a Roku Device
For a network device to use the University's network, you need to register the Media Access Control (MAC) address with Networking and Telecommunications Services.
You may also need the device's MAC address when troubleshooting networking issues.
This article describes how to locate the Media Access Control (MAC) Address for a Roku device.
IMPORTANT: If you connect the Roku device to the University of Minnesota network for the first time, the MAC address will be listed on the page showing the available networks. Only after the device has successfully connected will the sequence below be display the MAC address.
Finding the Wired Ethernet MAC Address on a Roku device
- Go to the Roku Home screen
- Select Settings and press the OK button.
- Select System and press the OK button.
- Select About and press the OK button.
- The wired MAC address is listed next to Ethernet MAC Address.