Set Your Internet ID Password Reset Questions
In order to use the online password reset system, you must first set up your 3 password reset questions in My Account.
Setting Your Password Reset Questions
- Sign in to my-account.umn.edu.
- Select Password Management to expand the category
- On the left-hand menu, click Set UMN Password Reset Questions.
- Click --Select-- to open up a drop down menu of questions. Scroll through the question list to see all the available questions to chose from.
- Click on the question you want to use
- Click in the answer box for that question and type your answer
- Answers must be 4 or more character in length
- Answers are not case sensitive
- Repeat steps 3-5 for all three question boxes
- Click Submit. A message should appear on the page confirming that you have either set up or changed your password reset questions