Jadu CXM: Update CXM Case with Data from a Subsequent Form (Task 6)
This is the sixth of nine tasks for setting up your XFP forms to work with CXM. Please go to the Self-Help Guide, under the Configure a CXM Workflow column, for more information.
This article explains how to append data from a subsequent form to an existing CXM case. For example, when a supply request is approved, you may want to append the approval response and approval comments to the CXM case so they can be carried forward to the fulfillment team using the next form in your process.
Note: The following steps are completed in XFP within a subsequent or next form of your workflow process.
- Go to the Templates tab.
- Click Create Template.The Create Action Template window appears.
- Template type: Under the Jadu CXM section, select Edit Case and click Next.
- Enter a meaningful title for the template (ex: Edit CXM Case) and click Next.
- From the Case Type dropdown, select your case type that this form is associated to and click Next.
- Map the fields in the current XFP form to the CXM fields in your case type.
Note: It is best practice to map all CXM fields to an XFP field/logic. If a CXM field contains data and that data is not mapped from subsequent forms when using the CXM - Edit Case template, the CXM field will be cleared out.
- In the Mappings section, select the Case Information - Case Number field from the integrated component on your landing page from Task 4.
- Make sure Run as signed in user is off.
- Choose the appropriate XFP data in the fields on the right side to send to each CXM field listed on the left.
Note: If a CXM field is not listed, go to your Case Type setup in your CXM Form (Edit). Only fields added to the CXM Case form are displayed here.
- Click Save.
Creating or Updating a Rule to Edit the CXM Case
Create a new rule or update an existing rule to create the CXM case. If you have more than 1 rule in your form that runs based on different conditions, update the appropriate rule(s) that you want to edit a CXM case.
- Go to the Rules tab.
- Click Create Rule.
- Or, select the rule you wish to update.
- Enter a meaningful title for your rule.
- Choose a When statement.
- Add a Then statement resulting in a case edit.
- From the dropdown menu, under the Jadu CXM header, choose Edit Case. Template dropdown options appear to the right.
- Select the Edit CXM Case template created in Setting Up an Action Template to Edit the CXM Case section above.
- Click Save.