Google Shared Drive: Create a Shared Drive
Google Shared Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Please note that only faculty and staff have the ability to create shared drives.
Creating a New Shared Drive
- Navigate to the Shared Drive Request Form
- Select the appropriate values for Resource Responsibility Center and enter your department name or working group
- Enter a Secondary Shared Drive Manager (optional)
- Shared drive membership and roles can be adjusted after the form is submitted and the shared drive is created
- Enter a Shared drive name
- Note the automatically-generated name below this field
- Select a Shared drive purpose and input the reasoning and intended contents for the shared drive
- Select Create Shared Drive
Once the form has submitted successfully, a confirmation screen will display, and the form submitter will receive an email from the UMN Google Admins with a link to their shared drive.