Google Groups: Subscribing to and Participating in a Group
Find and Join a Group
Please note that this method should not be used to create a Google Group for the University. Please use the Google Group Request Form.
You can browse through or search the Google Groups directory to find groups that may interest you. Groups usually have a name that indicates the subject of the group, such as "cooking" or "music." When joining a group, note the domain for the group you are joining. For example, groups with the domain "umn.edu" are within the Twin Cities campus. Groups with a domain of "googlegroups.com" are public Groups and are not administered by the University of Minnesota.
- From the Groups Home screen, type a subject, such as "cooking," in the search field.
- Click Search. A list of groups and messages is displayed.
- Click a group name, such as "Live music." The Topics screen appears, displaying a series of topics.
- Click Join Group. The Join Group dialog box appears.
- Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box.
- Click Join This Group. You are now a member of the group.