Enterprise CRM: Manually Create a New Lead
What is a Lead?
Leads can be used to capture potential opportunities within Enterprise CRM, such as people you've met at a conference or someone who emailed your business unit requesting additional information.
Using the Leads functionality can help you track prospect information and interactions for reporting purposes. It can also help you check for existing records within Enterprise CRM or quickly create new Contact, Organization, and/or Opportunity records with Lead conversion.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Leads are a record type that is private to your business unit. Any information within the Lead record is private to your business unit. Any record associations with the Lead are also private to your business unit.
Create a New Lead
- Click on the Leads Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Contacts in the list.
- From Leads Home click New. This brings up the New Lead Page.
- Once on the New Lead screen fields can be manipulated as needed and will vary based on your internal business practices. The only two required fields are Last Name and Company, but if you are planning on potentially converting the lead other information that you fill in will be important as well:
- Anything entered in the Honorific dropdown, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email, Country, Street, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, or Description fields will automatically get pulled into any Contact record created as a result of converting the Lead.
- The information in the Company field will be the Organization Name, the Account Name on the Opportunity, and potentially the Opportunity Name if you do not change this field on the Convert Lead screen for any created records.
- Anything entered in the Phone Number, Email, Country, Street, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Website, No. of Employees, Annual Revenue, or Industry fields will automatically get pulled into any Organization record created as a result of converting the lead.
- The value selected in the Lead Source dropdown will automatically get pulled into any Opportunity record created as a result of converting the lead.
- Any associated Opt-out checkbox information or Activities, such as Tasks, Emails, or Notes and information entered in the Description and Lead Source fields will get automatically pulled into any Reserved Contact Data created as a result of converting the Lead.
- If all desired fields have been filled out click Save to be brought to the Lead record.