Enterprise CRM: Manually Create a Contact record
What Are Contacts?
Contacts are a major part of Enterprise CRM. They are individuals that are associated with other records such as Organizations and Bios which allows you to track information pertinent to that particular person.
When to create a Contact record and what information to include will be determined by your internal business processes. This article indicates how to manually create a Contact record outside of any other data loading streams and is not intended as a replacement for any other business process.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Enterprise CRM has records that it shares across all business units and organizations. The Contact record type is one of these public records. This means that any information put into the record when creating the Contact will be public and viewable to all users of Enterprise CRM.
If you need to put private information into the Contact record for your own business unit, such as a phone number, assistant name or Task, you will want to first create the Contact and then create Reserved Contact Data to put the private information into.
Creating a Contact
- Click on the Contacts Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Contacts in the list.
- From Contacts Home click New. This brings up the New Contact page.
- Once on the New Contact screen refer to your internal business processes to determine what information needs to be filled out.
- The only required fields from the tool's perspective are Last Name and Refresh Status but your business unit may track, and therefore require, other information to be entered.
- Fill in all desired information and if you are creating another Contact you can click Save & New to be brought to another New Contact screen and follow from Step 3.
- Fill in all desired information and if you are done creating Contacts click on Save to be brought to the Contact record.