Drupal: Add a User to Your Site
The following instructions are for websites using the default UMN Drupal Enterprise or Drupal Lite configuration. The ability to add users to your site is based on your role. If you do not see the Administrator toolbar, verify that you are logged in. If you don't know how to log in, please contact the site admin. If you are logged in, and don't see the administrator toolbar, then you do not have the proper role. Contact the site administrator, or if not known, contact Technology Help https://it.umn.edu/technology-help-our-staff
Drupal is highly customizable, and your site may have different steps for completing the task. Additionally, your role in Drupal may not have the proper permissions to complete the task. Contact your site administrator for additional information.
- Click Menu in the Administrator toolbar.
- Click People in the Menu toolbar.
- Click +Add User
- Enter the new user's UMN email address in the E-mail address field
- Enter the new user's InternetID in the Username field
- Do Not enter the email address in the Username field.
- Choose a random, complex password and enter it in the Password fields
- Because UMN Drupal uses central authentication, this password will never be used
- A good source for random passwords is http://passwordsgenerator.net
- Ensure the radio button for Active is selected in the Status section
- Click the checkboxes next to the roles you want to add to the user in the Roles section
- Refer to: Drupal - Definition of User Roles
- Click Create New Account.
Keep in mind that anyone who tries to log into your website using their Internet ID and password will initiate an account. The user will have the authenticated user role, but otherwise will have no other roles on the site.