Canvas: Respondus for Quiz Building Overview
Applies to: Canvas
Respondus is a Windows-only application for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Canvas, Moodle, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, OR moved from one learning system to another.
The University of Minnesota has a campus-wide license for Respondus software. University instructors and support staff may use it for free.
- Respondus is a Windows-only application.
- Respondus is NOT needed to require students use exam security through the Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Getting access to Respondus
- Send an email to [email protected] and ask for Respondus access.
- Support staff will enroll you in the Respondus Quiz Tool Information course site located in Canvas.
- You will be able to download the program from there.
- Support guides and knowledge articles are linked there.
Using support and training materials from Respondus
- View Respondus 4.0 Videos, in particular:
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus
- Importing Questions with Respondus
- Publishing to Canvas
- Download the Respondus 4.0 User Guide -- Canvas
If you have difficulty with any of the steps for using Respondus Quiz Builder, contact the Technology Helpline at 612-301-4357 and ask to talk with a T2 AT Tools staff member.