Canvas: Final Grade Override
The Final Grade Override option allows instructors to enter a final grade for students that is different from the grade Canvas automatically calculates in the Gradebook.
After you have overridden a grade, the student will see only the override grade in their Grades, not the originally calculated score. The scores for all course work will remain as is in the Gradebook.
To enable the Final Grade Override feature and override automatically calculated course grades:
- Navigate to the Canvas course in which you'd like to override the course grade.
- Select Grades.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon.
- Select the Advanced  tab.
- Check the box Allow final grade override 
- Click Update  to save.
The Override column will appear at the far right side of the Gradebook.
In the Override column, you can enter the Override grade as a percentage value (Override Score) or letter grade.
- If you enter a letter grade, the student's final percentage score will be set to the lower boundary for the grade entered in the course grading scheme.
- If you enter a score, the final score will be exactly as entered and the final grade will be determined by the course grading scheme.
- To delete an overridden grade, click the grade cell and click the Delete key.
- If you are using the Export Final Grades for Upload to PeopleSoft tool, you need to manually update the final grade column with any overridden grade values prior to uploading to PeopleSoft.
- If you are using the Send Grades to PeopleSoft tool, overridden grades are highlighted with an asterisk and the message "Final grade overridden in the gradebook." The grade(s) will be included with the other final grades in the gradebook that are sent to PeopleSoft.