Canvas: Add Your Personal Pronouns to Your Canvas Profile
You can update your Canvas profile to include your personal pronouns. Once you do, they will appear next to your name in a variety of locations throughout Canvas.
Personal pronouns are used when referring to someone or ourselves (I, you, she, they, he, ze). Someone's personal pronouns may be different from what others initially assume. Not everyone uses the binary pronouns "he" or "she," and some prefer to be referred to only by name.
- You can also Set Your Preferred Name in Your Canvas Profile.
Adding your personal pronouns to Canvas
- Click Account in Global Navigation, then click the Settings link.
- Click the Edit Settings button.
- Go to the Pronouns dropdown menu and select your personal pronouns.
- Click Update Settings. Your personal pronouns now appear in your User Settings. They will also display after your name in many other areas throughout Canvas.