About My Work
What I Do
As an academic technologist on the Academic Technology Support Services team, I:
- manage our student staff who over the course of the last two years transitioned 3,000 course sites from Moodle to Canvas
- connect with other UMN campuses and units to provide our central AT services system-wide
- develop and facilitate faculty workshops on such topics as: Canvas Basics, Teaching with Canvas, and Using Media in Course Development
- consult with faculty on how to utilize learning tools to create effective online learning environments.
My background is in communications and project management. I have worked at the University of Minnesota for over 25 years. The first 15 years as a media producer / director, producing public service announcements, course role-plays, and documentaries. I successfully produced two public television series; a technology issues program for six years and a health call-in program for ten years. The last 10 years, I have managed staff and services for the video production unit and then the communications team. I have a BA in Communications and a Masters degree in Public Affairs.
Presentations and Publications
- Tade, Susan and Nima Salehi, Recipes for Effective Online Teaching: Curated Videos plus Activities, Educause Learning Initiative Annual Conference, Poster Presentation, February 2019
- Tade, Susan and Kate Conners. The Reusable, Relevant Recording: Creating Engaging and Evergreen Course Content, Educause Learning Initiative Annual Conference, Poster Presentation, February 201
- Tade, Susan and Nima Salehi. Creating Engaging & Scalable Online Faculty Presentations, Distance Teaching & Learning Conference, August 2016
- Tade, Susan, Kate Conners, and Nima Salehi. Engaging & Sustainable Online Faculty Presentations, Minnesota eLearning Summit – Open. Online. Opportunity, July 2016
- Tade, Susan, Nima Salehi and Sara Schoen. Collaborative Planning for Effective Course Video Integration Distance Teaching & Learning Conference, August 2015
- Tade, Susan and James Ondrey. YouTube Your Course Minnesota eLearning Summit – Open. Online. Opportunity, July 2015
- Tade, Susan and James Ondrey. "Creating Effective Multimedia." Minnesota eLearning Summit - Open. Online. Opportunity, July 2014.
- Tade, Susan, et al. "Media Arts in Minnesota: Potential Impacts of Collaboration." Masters of Public Affairs, Capstone publication May 2014.