Digital Learning Lab - August: Canvas Groups
The Digital Learning Lab series presents experiential, hands-on sessions offered on a monthly basis. In each lab session, take a deep dive into 1 or 2 digital tools used to support learning: all tools used in the lab sessions are integrated with Canvas and available at the U of MN. In the context of each tool presented, we will cover tool functionality, how to set it up on a Canvas site, and offer an opportunity to experience the tool from both the student and instructor perspective.
August: Canvas Groups
Canvas Groups are a small version of a course and are used as a collaborative tool where students can work together on group projects and assignments.
Depending on the tools being explored, typical session outcomes include:
- Identify the functionality of the tools and how they support interactive instructional strategies.
- Use the tools from a student perspective.
- Learn how to set up and use the tools in your Canvas site.
- Prepare students to successfully use the tools.
Who should enroll:
Instructors of all levels such as faculty, adjuncts, graduate instructors, graduate TAs, community faculty who are, or will be, teaching a course.
A basic familiarity with Canvas is recommended. Instructors new to Canvas should watch the Canvas Basic recorded webinar prior to joining the lab sessions.
- Annette McNamara, Academic Technology Support Services
- Yelena Yan, Academic Technology Support Services
Accessibility & Accommodation Requests
We seek to foster a positive experience for all participants. If you have particular access needs (for example visual impairment, dyslexia, deafness, etc) please contact us via email so we can work together to get you as good an experience as we can. Accommodation requests for live captioning should be made two weeks prior to the session.
- Aug. 9, 2022 - Aug. 9, 2022