Video Event Onsite Support: Request Service
In-person video assistance for online meetings, conferences, and events.
Professional video technicians are available to support your conferences, webinars, meetings, and other live events.
Hours of Operation
Video Event Online Support staff are available during normal UMN business hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Receive individualized consultations to assist you with planning your event
- Discuss your event needs and help you select the most appropriate and secure delivery format.
- Worry-free setup. We will help schedule and configure your event for you.
- Event day technical support.
- Post-event video download support.
- Onsite video event support is available for Twin Cities on-campus locations only.
- A consultation is required before booking onsite video support.
- Support requests must be submitted three weeks before the event date.
- When reserving a room, ensure you have scheduled one hour for set-up before the event and 30 minutes for removal of equipment after the event.
- Room must have a wired network jack that has DHCP enabled.
- Any presentation materials (e.g., Google Slides, Powerpoints) that will be used for the event should be sent to the event support staff two days before the event.
- Event organizers should obtain a standard release for any speakers or presenters
Request a consultation with an AV Coordinator.
Request a consultation with a Video Consultant by completing the Video Event Support Request form. We will need to understand your goals for your event. Please also provide a minimum three-week lead time on event requests.
Set up your identified technology.
After we have a good understanding of your event, the AV Coordinator will
- Schedule the event in Zoom and configure settings to meet your needs.
- Provide you with meeting and event (or registration) links you can share with your online participants.
Schedule a 60-minute meeting (online or at the event location) in advance of your event.
Hold your meeting or event.
Hold your meeting or event. We will be available to you beginning 30 minutes before to troubleshoot any issues and help you prepare and feel confident. During your event, we will monitor the overall experience and be available to troubleshoot issues.
Receive reports and manage your recording.
After the event, your Video Event Technician can provide a variety of reports (e.g., attendance, polling results, chat, Q&A, etc.) and a link to your recording, if requested.