Service Gateway: Most Common Uses
OIT customers can use Service Gateway, a web-based application, to manage their own voice and data network connections. Common uses include the following.
Note: Designated User(s) receive an automatic email notification, when a change is made to any active data connection within the Management ID.
Service Gateway users have the ability to manage many IP address functions. Examples include the following:
- Changing an IP Address for an active data connection (automatically carries the MX records and/or aliases to the new IP)
- Assigning a DNS name to a specific IP address, within the administrative address range
- Changing an IP address from hand configured or fixed DHCP to automatic DHCP in real time
- Reviewing the DHCP lease report to determine how much of the available IP address space is being used
Service Gateway users have the ability to perform tasks related to managing their jacks. Examples include the following:
- Attaching a name or label to a jack
- Using the search functionality to view active jacks within the Management ID
Service Gateway users have the ability to perform tasks related to managing the network. Examples include the following:
- Requesting a new workgroup (VLAN)
- Sharing a domain name with another Management ID
- Changing the speed or duplex setting for an active data connection in real time
- Changing the Workgroup (VLAN) for an active data connection in real time