Perceptive Content: Licensing & Costs
Costs Paid by the University
The following are Enterprise-funded costs covered by the University:
- Perceptive Content desktop client and Perceptive Experience licenses (site license)
- Server hardware & server software maintenance and upgrades
- Document image storage, backup, and disaster recovery
- Implementation and support services
Costs Paid by Department
- Cost of scanner
- Cost of CaptureNow software and the first year of the annual software maintenance fee. (In subsequent years, the cost of the annual software maintenance fee for the CaptureNow license will be paid by OIT.)
- Scanner Service Contract (including consumables) and repair
OIT does not offer hardware support for the maintenance or repair of scanners. The Imaging team strongly recommends that departments get a service contract for their scanner(s). Scanners are electromechanical devices and are subject to wear and tear and occasional breakdowns. To reduce downtime in case of a scanner problem, you can purchase a service plan for your scanner. These are usually available at the time of purchase, and vary as to the length of coverage (6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc.) and the level of support. They may offer next-day or same-day service, and may include an exchange plan, meaning that they will exchange your broken scanner for a new one, often the same day. The length of coverage and level will determine the cost.
You may purchase a service contract directly from Canon or Fujitsu through Perceptive Software. Please contact the Imaging Team at [email protected] and we will help you.