Zoom: Mute All Participants
As a host or co-host, you can mute all of the participants in the meeting.
- Select Participants in the toolbar.
- Click Mute All at the bottom of the Participants window.
- Note: Using Mute All mutes everyone else in the meeting, including co-hosts.
- (Optional): Check Allow participants to unmute themselves if you wish to allow participants to unmute at any time during the meeting.
- Note: Even if you uncheck Allow participants to unmute themselves, the host and co-hosts will always be able to unmute themselves and participants.
- Click Mute All to mute all current and future participants.
For additional details on muting features as a host or co-host, read Zoom's article on Muting and Unmuting Participants in a Meeting.
Notes for Meeting Participants:
- As a meeting participant, you do not have the ability to mute others. If a participant's unmuted microphone is causing distractions, consider notifying a host/co-host or the participant using the chat feature.
- As a meeting participant, if the host mutes you and does not allow you to unmute, you will not be able to unmute yourself unless the host changes the setting selection.
- At this time, there is no setting in Zoom to mute chat notifications.