YouTube: Activate & Upgrade Your YouTube Account
YouTube is not part of the University of Minnesota Google Core Apps Suite. This means:
- Support for YouTube is limited to YouTube's built-in help.
- If you have not activated a non-core Google product in the past, you will be asked to agree to Google's terms of service.
Activate Your Account
- Log in to your U of M Google account.
- From the menu bar, select more.
- Next, select YouTube from the drop-down menu.
- Read the user agreement and click to agree to its terms.
- YouTube is now added to your U of M Google account.
Increase Video Capacity
Once you have activated and linked your YouTube account with your University Google Account, you may want to upgrade your account so that you can upload more than 15 minutes of content at a time. Follow instructions to upgrade your account.