WorkflowGen: Create Email Templates
Email templates in WorkflowGen enable easy, consistent communication.
Creating an HTML Text File and Formatting It
- The first line of the file should be SUBJECT: <your custom subject line>.
- You can have dynamic form data in the email. For the server URL (which will change between instances) use <WF_LINK_ACTIVITY_INST-LAUNCH> or <WF_LINK_ACTIVITY_INST_FORM>.
- Process data can be accessed using: WF_PROCESS_INST_RELDATA_VALUE. <your process dataname>.
For more information, the vendor, WorkflowGen, has additional documentation available on their website. Please note: You will need to use a user name and password to access the documentation. If you have not yet registered, you will need to do so. Registration is free of charge.
Creating a Data Name
- Under the Data tab in your process, make the Data Type file, e.g., REQUESTER_EMAIL_TEMPLATE.
- Browse to the location of the HTML file you created
- Upload the file.
Defining the Workflow Step that Activates an Email Send
- Set the criteria for and the recipients to whom you want to send an email.
- Under Template, choose the data field you created
- Click Add.