Wired Network: Hand Configured ip for Mac OS X
The following instructions are for setting up your computer to use a Hand Configured IP address. Before starting, you will need to obtain your IP address, subnet mask, and router address from Helpline: call 1-HELP and select option 1. You also will need to confirm that your Ethernet jack is active, and that you have administrative privileges for your operating system.
- Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- In the Internet & Network section, double-click the Network icon.
- In the lefthand display menu, select Ethernet.
- Click the Configure pull-down menu, and select Manually.
- Complete these fields:
- In the IP Address field, enter your IP address.
- In the Subnet mask field, enter your subnet mask.
- In the Router field, enter your router address.
- Enter "126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52" into the DNS Server field.
- Enter "umn.edu" into the Search Domains field.
- Click the Apply button and close System Preferences.