WiFi: Chromebook Setup Guide
This article will help you connect a Chromebook to eduroam.
Start by clicking on eduroam when searching for networks. A window will appear asking for some information, fill it in with the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Server CA: blank (it usually won't let you change this)
- User CA: blank (it usually won't let you change this)
When prompted enter authentication information. Your username will be your full University of Minnesota email address and your password will be your usual password (same as email, MyU, etc.)
This may not work the first time.
The Chromebook may need to try a few times to establish the connection, and will output an error regarding DHCP lookup. To avoid endlessly clicking on it, do the following:
- Click on Settings, the bottom choice, on the WiFi Selector menu to get to Network Settings
- Under Internet Connection, click on Wi-Fi network to open another panel
- Hover over eduroam and click on the x to remove it from the list
- Try entering the settings in the first half of this article
You can also try:
- Open the network settings (it will open this in Chrome)
- Click on eduroam (it will open the network profile settings for it)
- Tell it to prefer the network and to automatically connect to it every time
This way, it will keep trying until it gets a solid connection.