Using UPAC to make Long Distance Calls

University Personal Access Code (UPAC) allows individuals to make long distance calls from any University exchange (624, 625, 626, and 301) which is then billed to their department's EFS chartstring. This is used for phones that don't have long distance capability or to charge the long distance call to a different EFS chartstring than the phone is already being billed to.

This article will help you request and successfully use a UPAC number to make long distance calls.

Request a UPAC number

To request a UPAC number, please send an email to [email protected].  Please include the following information:

1.  Name of the user

2.  Phone number

3.  Chart String that the calls should be billed to

Dialing Instructions using a UPAC number

  1. Dial [ 2 ] to obtain an outside line.
  2. For national calls, dial [ 1 ] and then the area code and then the phone number.
    For international calls, dial [ 0 ] [ 1 ] [ 1 ], and then the country code, city code, and local number.
  3. Wait for the confirmation tone (beep), and then dial your UPAC number.
    You may have to wait up to three minutes for the confirmation tone, depending upon how busy the phone switch is.
  4. The call is made, and the cost of the call is then billed to your UPAC account.
NOTE: UPAC calls can only be made from University exchanges (624, 625, 626, and 301). UPAC calls cannot be made from Fairview phones with 273 exchange.