Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Easy Access to Voicemail with an Alias
This article discusses setting up an Alias for easy access to voicemail. From within the web portal interface you're able to set numbers, such as your cellphone or home number, that can easily access your University voicemail without having to enter your mailbox number.
This means that when calling your voicemail box from a number that you have set as an Alias you will be prompted directly for your pass-code without having to enter your mailbox number first.
Setting Up Alias on Voicemail
- Log into the Web Portal
- Click on Messaging in the Options menu on the left.
- Once on the Messaging screen select the option for Aliases.
- Once on the Aliases screen click the Add button. This brings up the Aliases Add screen.
- In the blank box next to *Phone Number: add your 10 digit phone number without spaces or formatting.
- Click the OK button to finalize your changes.
- To access your voicemail from the entered number dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester) and, if prompted, enter your pass-code.
NOTE: If the Web Portal link does not present you with a list of Applications to choose from please call 1HELP (612-301-4357) for assistance.
- From your desk phone dial 60001 (88888 for Rochester) or if you are dialing from outside of the University dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester)
- When prompted enter your mailbox number and password
- Press 1 to Access Voice Messaging