Unified Communications (Voicemail): Reset Your Telephone Inbox Password
Once setup and entered into the web portal you are able to change the password for your telephone interface. This article is intended to allow you to change your telephone voicemail password only, if you are unable to access the web portal with your current credentials please contact the Helpdesk.
Resetting Your Telephone Inbox Password
- Go to the Reset Password Request page
Note: If you are off-campus, you must connect to Split Tunnel VPN to access the Clearspan Portal password reset page.
- In the User Id box, enter your full University e-mail address.
- In the Phone Number box, enter your 7-digit phone number (62X-XXXX or 301-XXXX) or the 5-digit extension (X-XXXX) without dashes or any extra characters.
- In the Email Address box, enter your University e-mail address.
- Click the Send Request button.
- You will be redirected to a Reset Confirmation page, and an email will be sent to you with a confirmation number.
- Enter the confirmation number you received in your e-mail and select the Reset Voice Portal Passcode button.
- Enter and confirm your new temporary passcode.
- Dial 60001 on campus, enter the new temporary passcode when prompted.
- You will be asked to select a new passcode again. You can enter the same number you created in step 5.
Voicemail box password rules
The following password rules will apply for all voice mail boxes:
- Must be numbers only [For instance, no # or *]
- Must be at least 5 digits
- Cannot be more than 10 digits
- Cannot be the user's own extension or phone number
- Cannot be the reverse of the user's own extension or phone number
- Cannot contain 3 or more repeated digits
- Cannot contain more than 3 sequentially ascending digits
- Cannot contain more than 3 sequentially descending digits
- Cannot contain repeating patterns
If you need to have the Internet ID associated with the voice mail box updated please contact Technology Help at 612-301-4357. They may need verification from your supervisor or Administrator that the voice mail box should now be assigned to you.
If you have any issues, please contact Technology Help at 612-301-4357