TDX: Understand Ticket Classifications
There are five ticket classification forms that technicians will use in the U of M Tickets application. Each form has fields tailored to the specific type of ticket it addresses. See Working with Parent/Child Ticket Relationships to understand ticket hierarchy within TDX.
- Use when something is not working or something is broken.
- See Create an Incident Ticket for how to use this form.
Service Request Form
- Use when someone needs something to do their job such as access to an application or system, a new computer or peripheral, or other service requests.
- The User Support Service Desk will classify all password resets as service request tickets in TDX. See Handle Password Reset Request for more information.
Major Incident Form
- Use when significant outages occur.
- A Major Incident form will exist for the period of time that a major outage is going on.
- See Understand the Use of Major Incident Tickets for more information.
- Use this ticketing form AFTER a Major Incident ticket is resolved.
- Use for analysis of recurring Incident tickets that show a trend in something not working correctly.
- See Understand the Use of Problem Tickets for more information.
- This ticket classification is used for situations in which a change to a current technology or service needs to be approved and communicated.