TDX: Transfer Ownership of a Ticket
Tickets occasionally need to be reassigned to a different Group due to new information or initial error.
Transferring Ownership of a Ticket
- Navigate to the Details (static view) of the ticket that needs to be reassigned.
- Select the Actions menu and choose Reassign [Ticket]. A new window pops open.
- Type the name of the correct Responsible Group in the New Responsibility field.
- Enter the Group name in this field. Although individual user names can be entered into this field, it is extremely important for ticket tracking and reporting that the Responsible Group name be populated in this field. See Take Responsibility for a Ticket for how to correctly assign a ticket to yourself.
- You can use Lookup to search for the correct Responsible Group.
- See Find the Correct Responsible Group for a Technician if you know who should take the ticket but are unsure of the person's Responsible Group name.
- Type a clear message in the Comments field to let the Responsible Group know why you are reassigning the ticket to them.
- Make sure the Notify the new resource of the assignment box is checked.
- Click Save. The window will close and the ticket Details should now show which Responsible Group now owns the ticket.