TDX: Determine the Impact, Urgency, and Priority of a Ticket
This article gives specific definitions for the impact, urgency, and priority of a ticket when working with users.
The business impact of an incident is measured by how large the interruption is to the organization.
- Affects Single Person: Single-user business impact, general break/fix issue with no or little business impact or service request
- Affects Group or Single Department:Low business impact, may be single or multi-user issue where the service is not significant
- Affects Multiple Departments or College/Unit: Multiple departments and/or Locations impacted, or a significant service is unavailable to the public
- Affects Organization: University of Minnesota issue of a service, all users impacted
The business urgency of an incident is measured by how quickly the incident needs to be resolved.
- Low: No urgency/impact to business services, single-user "how to" or related to a service request.
- Medium: Single-user cannot complete a job function
- High: The business area cannot provide a non-critical service to the public, users cannot perform a critical job function
- Critical: The business area cannot provide a critical service to the public
Ticket Priority Grid