TDX: Create and Manage a Desktop
A Desktop in TDX is a display area that users can edit. It contains reports, lists of assignments, tickets, and other valuable information. Desktops cannot be shared.
This article covers the following topics:
- Create a Desktop
- Add Modules to a Desktop
- Remove a Module from a Desktop
- Format a Desktop
- Set a default Desktop
- Edit an Existing Desktop
- Delete a Desktop
Create a Desktop
- Navigate to the Desktop tab on the menu bar. It is the default tab when signing into TDX. To sign in, see TDX: Log in to TDNext.
- Click on the +New Desktop button in the menu bar.
- Type in a name for your new desktop.
- Click Save.
Add Modules to a Desktop
Once you save your new desktop, the Edit Desktop window opens on the Content tab, where you can add modules such as reports.
- Click one of the categories below Available Content in the left pane. The category will expand the category and show the available options.
- Reports will appear under the U of M Desktop category. See Add a Report to a Desktop for more information.
- Click and drag any module to the location you'd like it to appear on your new desktop.
- Click Save in the top left.
- Close the window.
Remove a Module from a Desktop
You can remove a module from a Desktop while creating or editing.
- To remove a module, click on the X on the right side of the module.
Note: The Recently Removed category contains any module you have removed during that session. If you close the Edit Desktop window it will clear the Recently Removed category.
Format a Desktop
There are several ways that you can format how the modules appear on your Desktop.
- Click Edit Layout in the top left of the Edit Desktop window.
- Choose the layout you would like to use.
Note: If you have added modules and you change the layout to one with fewer columns, any module in the removed columns will also be removed and put into the Recently Removed category. You will receive a warning message before they are removed.
Set a default Desktop
If you create multiple desktops, you can toggle between them using the menu on the upper right of the Desktop tab.
Choose which desktop you would like to be set as your default:
- Click the Manage Desktops (gear) icon on the far right of the Desktop menu bar. A list of saved desktops appears.
- Click Set in the row of the desktop you would like to use as a default.
- Click the Back to Desktop (left arrow) icon next to Manage Desktops to return to your default desktop.
Edit an Existing Desktop
- Select the desktop you would like to edit using the menu on the right side of the Desktop tab.
- Select Edit Desktop.
- Follow the instructions above for Add Modules to a Desktop.
- Click Save before closing the window.
Delete a Desktop
- Click the Manage Desktops (gear) icon on the far right of the Desktop menu bar. A list of saved desktops will appear.
- Click Delete for the appropriate desktop.
- Note: A default desktop can't be deleted without first setting a different desktop to be default.
- Important: A deleted desktop cannot be restored.
- . Select OK to confirm the deletion.