Student Technology Help Specialist
Click "Student Jobs" and use Job ID 357451 to find the posting on the student job search page.
Are you an undergraduate student that has a passion for helping others and an interest in technology? If so, this is the job for you!
This is a hybrid position with both onsite and remote elements.
Remote employees must reside within the state of Minnesota, including during breaks.
What you get:
- Valuable customer service experience and training within a large professional IT Service Desk via phone, email, chat, and in-person support
- Valuable troubleshooting and technical skills that will benefit you regardless of your future career choices
- Valuable experience supporting and working with a diverse customer base from across the University community and beyond
- Opportunities for growth and professional development within the Office of Information Technology
- A collaborative and diverse team environment
- Wages: $15.00 per hour
- Flexible hours around your class and extracurricular schedule, 7 days a week from 7 AM to midnight
- Opportunities to work during Winter, Spring, Summer breaks and on holidays
What we are looking for:
- Current Undergraduate students registered for at least 6 credits for Spring 2023 and planning to to return to school in Fall 2023
- A passion for helping others
- Interest in technology
- Applicants do not need to have skills in technology, but must be comfortable with learning and adapting quickly via self-paced training
- Strong communication skills: comfortable working over the phone, along with providing email, chat, and in-person support
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good time management
- Ability to multi-task and independently balance different areas of need
- Organizational skills
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
*All job offers are contingent on successful passing of a comprehensive background check*.