Student Technology Help Specialist
We are not currently hiring!
Are you an undergraduate student that has a passion for helping others and an interest in technology? If so, this is the job for you!
Currently, this position is primarily being done remotely, but we have options for onsite work if needed.
What you get:
- Valuable customer service experience and training for a large professional IT Service Desk
- Valuable troubleshooting and technical skills that will benefit you regardless of your future career choices
- Opportunities for growth and professional development including desktop support, technical writing, supervisory tasks and many more opportunities & projects throughout the year
- A collaborative and diverse team to work with
- Valuable experience supporting and working with a diverse customer base from across the University community and beyond
- Opportunity to work in multiple locations including a call center, labs, and Technology Help walk-in locations
- Wages: $14.00 per hour
- Flexible hours around your class and extracurricular schedule, 7 days a week from 7 am to midnight
- Opportunities to work during Winter, Spring, Summer breaks and on holidays
What we are looking for:
- A passion for helping others and communicating with them
- Strong communication skills: Written, over the phone, over chat and in person
- An interest in Technology
- Current Undergraduate students registered for at least 6 credits for the Fall semester
- Punctuality & reliability
- Good time management
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work at least 15 hours per week primarily during business hours (M-Th 8am-5pm)
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
*All job offers are contingent on successful passing of a comprehensive background check*.