Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Edit a Data Extension
Usually our work in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC) will be in Email Studio.
In Email Studio, we can create a Data Extension, delete all records from a Data Extension, and import new data into a Data Extension; but we cannot edit, add, or delete individual records.
In Contact Builder, we can also edit, add, or delete individual records in a Data Extension.
To open Contact Builder, mouse over the Home icon to display the main menu bar.
Then mouse over Audience Builder and select Contact Builder.
In Contact Builder, select the Data Extensions tab.
Open the Data Extension that you want to edit.
In the Data Extension, select the Records tab.
- • To add a record:
- Select the blue Add Record button.
- Enter data into each field of the new record.
- Select the blue Save button.
- • To delete one or more records:
- Select the checkbox(es) in front of the records to be deleted.
- Select the Clear Record button (not the blue Clear Records button, which deletes all records).
- In Clear Records Confirmation, select Continue.
- • To edit one or more records:
- Select the checkbox(es) in front of the records to be edited.
- Select the Edit Record button
- After editing the selected record(s), select the blue Save button.
Note: The field that is used as the Primary Key (usually email address) cannot be edited.