Qualtrics: How Do I Require That People Authenticate Through the U to Take My Survey?
The following instructions will help Qualtrics survey distributors create a survey where University of Minnesota accounts are required to log in and take the survey, and where the respondent's Internet ID is captured automatically.
- In Qualtrics, go to the Edit Survey tab.
- Click Survey Flow.
- Click + Add a New Element Here.
- Click on Authenticator.
- Change the authentication type to SSO.
- Uncheck Associate Respondent with Panel.
- Check Capture respondent identifying info.
- Give the first field a name like Internet ID
- Input the following to the second field, as shown in the Screen Shot at the bottom of this article: urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1
- Change the SSO type to Shibboleth.
- At the bottom of the Authentication block, click Move.
- Drag and drop so the Authentication block is the first item in the flow.
- Click Save Flow on the lower right.