Perceptive Content: New Capture and Index Process for Finance Employees
This job aid is for Finance employees who upload documents to Perceptive Content/Experience and pull in data from PeopleSoft.
In this article:
- Scanning / Printing with Perceptive Content
- Indexing Your Documents
Capture and Index is the new capture and indexing method. This replaces the ReLink button (Gold Key) in Perceptive Content. While all indexing will happen within Perceptive Experience (the web client), capturing may happen via file upload in Perceptive Experience, scanning to Perceptive Content, or a combination of both.
If you do not already have access and would like to gain access to Perceptive Content or need additional access to documents, please submit a Perceptive Content/Experience ARF.
Your Perceptive Content password is the same as your Internet ID password. If you have issues with your password, please contact Technology Help.
Groups that have access to scan and index documents:
|F XX XXX Admin
|All rights granted
|F XX XXX Scan
Interact with Documents in Workflow
|F XX XXX View
- Click on the Perceptive Content icon on your desktop or in your start menu
- Log in with your Internet ID and password.
- Scan your document using the Capture button or print the document into Perceptive using the ImageNow Printer and select the appropriate profile.
- Once files are captured in Perceptive Content open up a browser and log into Perceptive Experience for indexing.
- Log into Perceptive Experience to index documents.
- Click on the Capture and Indexing tile
- Click on your Workflow Process and then select your Indexing Queue.
- Click on the file you wish to index.
In the Document Properties (right-hand side), there are 2 ways to search for the EFS record.
- Quick Search:
- If you know the Voucher ID or Journal ID, enter it into the VoucherID / Journal ID field with the Magnifying Glass
- Press the tab or enter key and a lookup will happen and populate the required fields.
NOTE: If there are multiple results returned, a window will pop up allowing for selection
- Advanced Search:
- If you need to perform an advanced search using criteria other than the Voucher ID (or Journal ID), click on the Magnifying Glass to bring up the search window.
- Click the plus icon to add search criteria
- Select the field you want to search by (ex: invoice ID), enter a value in the field, then click Add
- Once your search criteria is entered, click the Search button
- Select the correct result from the list
- The results will be populated in the document fields
- Click the Send To button above the Document Properties to route the document forward.
If you encounter errors, or have issues or questions about this process, please contact Technology Help.