Jadu Forms: Test Your Form on a Mobile Simulator
You can use a simulator to test your form for mobile use. This will help you determine what adjustments you can make to improve your design.
- When setting up fields on a form, verify that they are an acceptable width for use on a mobile device.
- Tables can be problematic on mobile devices. Too many columns make it hard to read.
Choose a mobile simulator
There are many simulators available for use. Here are a few examples:
- Mobile Emulator v2.2
- Google Chrome Device Mode
- Launch Chrome
- Turn on Device Mode:
- Windows: press F12 when on your form
- Mac: Command+Shift+P
- Click the Toggle Device icon to the left of the elements tab
- Use the dropdown menu at the top of the screen to change the phone type
NOTE: Do not close Developer Mode or you will loose the simulator
Test your form
Once you have selected a simulator, test your form. Note how the form behaves and looks on the different size screens.
Fix anything that is not behaving or reading right due to the fluid nature of a phone screen.