Git: Use the University's GitHub Server
GitHub is a web service that allows you to share your code with others. The University of Minnesota offers a free-to-use GitHub server for current University faculty, students, or staff. Users must have an Internet ID with Active Directory access.* Access the University of Minnesota's GitHub installation by navigating to https://github.umn.edu. Log in with your University Internet ID and password to initiate your account to get started.
- Alumni will not retain access to log in at github.umn.edu once they graduate -- they will need to clone or download their repo contents to keep them.
- Contact Technology Help if you experiences issues logging in.
- Transferring GitHub Contents to a Personal Account
- External Git Resources
- Git Frequently Asked Questions
- UMN Self-Help Guide: Using GitHub with Drupal Enterprise