Error Message: The VPN connection is not allowed via a local proxy.
This article will describe how to resolve the following error in Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client:
This error can occur when LAN settings are configured to use a local proxy, to fix this error on a windows computer, remove the local proxy and try a new VPN connection. NOTE: This local proxy setting will need to be changed for each account (including Admin accounts) that is on the device. Also, each browser (IE, Firefox, etc) needs to be checked for local proxy settings.
- Go to Control Panel and click on Internet Options (you may need to use the search or sort by small icons).
- Navigate to the Connections tab and click on the LAN settings button
- Uncheck the box next to "Use a proxy server for your LAN" (there is a note in parentheses that claims these settings will not apply to a VPN connection, however it seems this is not the case)
- Click the OK button on the LAN Settings page, and the Apply button on the Internet Options page.
- Try connecting to VPN again.
If this does not solve the issue one may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the client.