Enterprise CRM: Add an Attachment
Attachments in CRM allow you to put outside documents into the tool and associate them with particular records. Prior to adding an attachment to a record you may want to check with your internal business processes to ensure that you are using them in the way that your business unit is intending for them to be used.
What Are My Privacy Options?
This will depend what Object/record type you are on. To get more information review Understand Privacy Settings.
Adding an Attachment
Note: Depending on the Object/record you are creating the Task from, some of these fields may already be filled in with information. (i.e. creating from an Opportunity will fill in Related To section)
- Navigate to the record you'd like to add the Attachment to.
- Once on the record there are two way to get to adding an Attachment:
- At the top of the record hovering over the text for Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments brings up a window where the Attach File button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Detail there is a Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments section of the page where there is an Attach File button that is able to the clicked.
- Once on the Attach File to Contact page you are able to click on Choose File to bring up your computer files and select the file you would like to attach to the record.
- When the file you want to attach is visible next to Choose File click on Attach File to upload.
- Note: If you'd like to add more than one file Steps 2 and 3 can be repeated until all files you would like to attach are uploaded.
- When done adding the desired files click Done to be brought to the record.